Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Are You Living a Life of Hope?

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

Are you living a life of hope today, right now, this minute? What thoughts have gone through your mind today? Are they hope-filled or hope-less?
 
Webster’s dictionary defines hope as “the feeling that what is wanted can be had and that things will turn out for the best, (v) to look forward to with desire and reasonable confidence.”

A hope-filled thought is knowing that things will turn out for the best. A hope-less thought is believing the worst about a situation.

I often hear these expressions: “I hope my marriage will last.”“I hope my kids will be happy.”“I hope I have enough money.”“I hope my business will be successful.”

Are you relying on yourself or others for hope? We can’t “hope” things in to existence. Misplaced hope is placing hope in ourselves, our abilities, our situation or circumstance. As Christ followers, our hope is in Him.

You won’t hear a lot about hope on the evening news or in your daily newspaper. Placing your hope in the things of this world is a mistake and will only lead to disappointment and discouragement. Hopelessness is in the world, but our hope is in God.

As Christians, we should put all of our hope in the Lord and believe that He can do what He says He can do.
 
And now, O Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in you.
Psalm 39:7
 

No comments:

Post a Comment