Thursday, July 3, 2014

Our Protection Plan-Psalm 91

Are you resting in the knowledge that the Lord will keep you safe no matter what the circumstance? Do you trust that His protection is both physical and spiritual? God has the ultimate protection plan for you!

Psalm 91 tells you that  God is your refuge, your protection, your place of safety. There may be times in your life where knowing that God is your protector will make all the difference. For devotions this week, read and meditate on Psalm 91. I suggest reading Psalm 91every day and then take a few verses at a time to ponder and study. The verses below are from the New Living Translation.

Verses 1-4
Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the LORD: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him. For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease. He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.

Verses 5-8
Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night, nor the arrow that flies in the day. Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness, nor the disaster that strikes at midday. Though a thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you, these evils will not touch you. Just open your eyes, and see how the wicked are punished.
 
Verses 9-13
If you make the LORD your refuge, if you make the Most High your shelter, no evil will conquer you; no plague will come near your home. For he will order his angels to protect you wherever you go. They will hold you up with their hands so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone. You will trample upon lions and cobras; you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet!
 
Verses 14-16
The LORD says, "I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation."

Pray!

Pray Psalm 91 aloud and reading this as a prayer, meditating on every word and it' meaning. Take victory over your own personal fears.

Praying Psalm 91 will increase your faith! When you pray this scripture, you actually learn what God says about our protection. And by praying His Word you will see His Results. I’ve heard many stories regarding praying scriptures for healing and people have been healed. Why not pray scripture for your protection?

When we pray Psalm 91, we are turning the situation over to God. You're taking the situation out of your hands, and putting it in His hands. You're releasing it to God.

Commit to praying this psalm everyday this week. Not just reading it or praying automatically, but thinking about every word spoken. Pray it aloud as often as you can. Proclaim the word of God.

Further Study:

Listen to Coffee and the Word 3 part podcast teachings on Our Protection Plan.
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




 
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment