Tuesday, July 26, 2016

No Fear!




I recently read an article in a popular magazine for women that stated “Fear is a given, we just need to learn to manage it.” Wrong!
Fear is one of Satan's favorite tools for harassing Christians.
Fear is not part of the good life God has planned for us. We can learn to act on God's Word rather than react to fear. Learning to shift the focus from the fearful situation to God’s Word will bring true freedom!
As you read and meditate on the following scriptures, ask the Lord to reveal areas where fear may be an issue in your life.
2 Timothy 1:7--For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 
Isaiah 41:10--Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. 
Psalm 23:4--Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.
Psalm 27:1--The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? 
Write out a prayer praising God you do not have to live in fear. Ask Him to reveal any areas of your life where you might be allowing fear to rule.
Let's discuss. Leave your questions, comments, prayer requests here on the blog.
Blessings,
Sherry





1 comment:

  1. and Joshua 1:9 This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” We can be free from fear!

    ReplyDelete